Posted by Matt Brown
Hi I am Matt and it is February 6th. I am the vice president of quality assurance for Thomson Reuters Healthcare. Because of my job I travel a lot, so my goal is to be at the dinner table as much as I can in February. I also plan to be in on many if not all of the activities in the coming months. January’s raw food was really the only month that did not intrigue or delight me in some way. Anyway, more about me:
- I have a great smart wife named Karen who is a really good cook and my bff.
- I have a smart although somewhat grumpy eldest son, Matt, who works with me.
- I have a brave, talented daughter, Erin who lives here with us.
- I have a young son, Dominic who is funny and earnest and who doesn’t really like to do his school work (even though he is home-schooled and does not know how great he has it)
- My youngest daughter, Chloe is sweet and fills our dinner conversation with tangential conversations.
- I spent 10 years in school getting a BA in English, a BS in Computer Science, and a BS in Statistics. I was bad at college when I started, but got the hang of it in the last 3 years. I also went to graduate school in English for 2 of the 10 years, but that did not end super-well. I read a lot of books and got my butt kicked by a lot of professors.
- I am a VP basically because the company that I helped start-up was bought by Thomson Healthcare in 2006.
- Dinner with my family every night is fun, and I like it a lot.
I have many many trips planned this month and as such will be away from home, but I will be having dinner with people every night, and will be sharing some of the details with you all.